Monday, February 28, 2011

The Importance of Families

I'll be the first one to admit I have a wonderful family! I also married into a wonderful family too. The support of everyone around me in this time has really just been awesome! God's working things out in wonderful ways through my WHOLE family!
Saturday was a very emotional day as it was the memorial service for my Grandpa Greene. It was good to see the family and have the support of my husband there as well. They had the Honor Guard do their presentation for him as he was in the service for a few years. My cousin Brian recieved the flag as he is still Active Duty Air Force right now. That was emotional hearing the Taps playing and seeing the flag being folded and given. I didn't hold together too well. But as with everything, time moves on even though the ache is still there.
It brought back the reality that our days on this earth are numbered and can be taken away at any moment. I'm so glad I've accepted Jesus Christ into my heart and I live for him daily. Yes, there are times I fall away but with the reality that there is a real hell, I try to constantly check my heart and make sure I'm living right and not backsliding or in sin. It's hard to see some family that appear not to be living for Christ daily and I pray that somehow they will be able to realize it before it's too late and they pass into eternity! I love them so much and can only pray as it's ultimately their decision once informed.
I'm so glad that I get the chance to live closer to family now. North Carolina was sooo far and I know if I was still living there I would not have had the opportunity to come home for the service. I love my Best Friends Ginita and Steve back there and I wish there was someway we could all be together without us moving back to NC. And I miss Kira and Shelby as I was developing such good friendships with them before we left. Its a hard place to be but both Jeremy and I still really believe this is where God wants us for now. I know I'm having some hardships finding friendships but I'd rather be in the will of God and he will provide everything else. Signing off until tomorrow... GG

No comments:

Post a Comment