Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A New Healthy Me

Well it's about time I kick my butt in high gear and do what I know is best for me. In my last blog I commented about getting out of my gym membership back in NC and getting into Curves here. Here's the deal. When I signed my 3 year gym contract back in Oct 2009 I had no idea I would be moving from NC. I mean J made it seem like we were going to be there forever! So they had told us (Gintia and I) that if we happened to move military or otherwise, as long as we were within 30 miles of a fitness center that was a part of their "Spa Network" we could go there. However if there wasn't one within 30 miles, they would cancel the contract. I called the gym that is associated with them here and the man on the phone said they were moving soon and changing their name. My pastor's wife also goes to this gym and she told me that they will be getting rid of the water aerobics and going strictly machines and weights. Plus they don't have childcare. I need something besides just the eating healthy part. Yeah, I can do walking, but that's good in addition to going to the gym. I would love the opportunity to get away from the kids for an hour or so to work out and concentrate on me. Does that make me selfish? I don't know. I just know the kids drive me crazy. So we shall see what comes of it when I call the coorporate headquarters and try to get out of the contract. If not, well I will be going there. I'm not gonna waste 50 dollars a month.
Also, I've been doing good in switching up what I eat and drink. I've cut soda almost completely out. The only time I drank any was when I was at a church fellowship and I only had one can. Other than that it's been water and those little crystal light packets that you add to a bottle of water for flavor. Also I've really cut down on portion size of my meals, and eating more salads with dinner. Instead of grabbing a bag of chips I grab the bag of grapes from the fridge for a snack. It's been hard and I've really been trying. This whole medical ordeal has really been an awakening for me!

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you. I know one thing that has helped me have you ever tried to food journal. to write done everything you eat. When I do it it make me more aware of what I'm eatting. Liek I said I will be praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you have available there, but I have a membership at the YMCA here, and if you have a family membership it includes childcare. Plus they usually have a lot of great class choices. Just an option...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually your comment and one of Britney's blogs said the same thing about writing down and keeping track of what you eat. That's probably what I'm going to start doing. I've just decided I'm going to do Weight Watchers. My mother in law, my friend Marsha here and even My Doctor are all doing it and highly recommend it. I think they do have a YMCA here I will just have to find it lol!

    ReplyDelete