Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To Whom It May Concern

So I've started this thing just as a sort of journal of what's going on in my daily life. I don't know that anyone would be interested in reading it but, what the heck.
Things the last week or so have just been so overwhelming that it's been hard to catch up on things. Last Monday I went to a new Dr. so I could have my Thyroid checked. (Side note: I was told I had thyroid problems and was put on meds about a month before leaving NC.) My blood pressure that day was really high. After two pills a bp check twice more they finally let me go but wanted me to come in Wed and Fri for BP checks. On Wed it was still a bit high and after I had left the office the RN called back to say they wanted me to see the MD the next day. So Thurs when I saw the MD he had 2/3 of the lab tests back. In addition to high blood pressure the MD told me I have type II diabetes. Great. But I have no one to blame but myself for all this crap. I knew it would happen one day just not so soon. I should have just sucked it up and went to the gym myself regularly. I just hated going by myself.
Today I had the additional blood tests taken to see what my average sugars have been over the last couple years and something else I can't remember. We shall see what comes of it. Needless to say I've been eating way less and a lot more healthier since I found this stuff out. And I am calling my gym back in NC to see about cancelling a contract with them and starting Curves here. But we'll talk about that in the next blog.
So in addition to all this medical stuff, J and I are still trying to find a place and we still haven't sold our house in NC. And I also found out we won't have any medical insurance March and April. The only insurance we may get is going to cost us $2300 for three months coverage and we are not sure what to do. It's not like we have that kind of money saved up yet or laying around. Late Tuesday evening (early Wed) I also found out my only living Grandpa on my side of the family passed away suddenly. That was a very rough day. I also started getting sick with this cough, congestion, throat junk. It was hard to breathe and because of my BP I wasn't allowed to take anything. Last week was really a nightmare... blah. But I'm feeling better today and have the energy to get things accomplish (if I ever stop blogging, lol). On to bigger and better things! Till the next time...

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment